Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Keep the Fire Burning

Hello all!!!

Good news on my Anthropology Midterm! 50 out of 50! That includes extra credit, but, still awesome! That means I have a perfect score in that class! Quite opposite of my West Civ class...haha. That class is wacko. But I know once I dazzle the teacher with my AP writing skills, it'll be good. I just wasn't sure if I should. Lazy I know, but I learned my lesson! ;)

So, Auntie M, hehe, makes me think of Wizard of Oz, which makes me think of Wicked, which I am wearing a shirt from, which makes me happy! Which reminds me I need to find a costume for halloween, I want to be Elphaba...
Which is totally of topic here!
Auntie M shared some verses with me that I liked:

Jeremiah 20:9 "...his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, Icannot."
Jeremiah 23:29 "Is not my word like fire," declares the Lord, "and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?"

Jeremiah has some great verses. Including one of my faves for hard times:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Those verses from Auntie M really go with "keeping the fire burning" as I mentioned in my last post. I plan on doing a few things to get myself ready for something big the summer of '09. *evil grin* some of you might know what it is I'm alluding to. Others, wait and see. I don't want to say I'm doing it for sure yet. It'll take some work. (and lots of money...lol)

Mmm...pleasant surprise last night. Beagle was online. Totally forgot it was a holiday in Germany. We're talking now actually, he just went to eat. He's leaving soon though. still, it's nice to see him during the week. Really gives me a boost. ;)

I have to get the second part of my TB test today...probably didn't mention I had that done at all...but I am now. ;)
I'm a little concerned, because the one I got last week gave me a bump and a bruise that were tender, and it's like a little red burn mark on my arm right now. But it was too far away from the area they gave me the shot at, so they said I was negative and probably reacted to some chemicals in the preservatives or something. Guess we'll find out when they do it in the other arm!!!

Native joked, (we watched Moulin Rouge a few weeks ago at Jen's), that if I do have TB, I can just find Ewan McGregor and live out the movie, and die happily in his arms. LOL. If he sang to me...I totally would go for that...lol

Well, trying to think of more to say...
I think i'll post my pics and thoughts from fall retreat later today. When I should be studying. lol. No, after I read the rest of the French revolution. I swear, the French revolution sounds cool, and I know it's part of Les Mis, but the book makes it seem boring and stupid. I honestly can't see a point in them writing about it! It makes no sense the way they wrote it. ugh. How am I supposed to write an essay when they didn't go into any good details, and just gave me mundane info? Ick. I hate this book. The bio we're reading on Napoleon is better!!!

Speaking of that bio...we have the essay question all ready for our next exam on Oct. 25, and I totally know I can ace, or at least do better, on this one. Because the question fits with the AP format great. ;)
I'm excited about that essay. *what a dork* but I do wonder what side to take...do our actions form us or the situations presented to us? It can go either way, especially with Napoleon...I wonder if I can take that view...lol

Ok, no one cares about that...
Now, off to do some easy Anthropology homework!!! God forbid I get one wrong and tarnish my perfect score! *lol...sorry...that class is just easy to do well in, at least homework wise. and i'm not trying to be full of myself, but i am glad i'm doing well in there. ;)* *don't think i'm snobby, please, lol*

Giddy,
Chelle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachel and Dan said...

So, you like Napoleon and don't like biology???

Are we really related?
:)

xxoo
r