Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween...thank GOD it's over

Wow, this week has been...nonstop! ;)
First I had to stuff cups with candy for two hours. Then I passed those out for an hour tuesday. And yesterday was the halloween dance...
tomorrow is another dance, but i don't have to do anything but show up to that one.

i was definitely a vampiress at the AIM Exorcist movie showing last Friday. funny thing about that...i put white makeup all over my face, right? to be pale...ya know. anyway, two oriental guys, not trying to be racist, it's just pertinent that they're asian, they come in and I explain what's going on kind of, and they look at me and ask "Why is your face all decorated?" and I tell them, "Well, it's Halloween, or almost, and we're supposed to be having a costume contest." (one other girl dressed up, and we are both on the committee...*shakes head*) so then I get up to show them where the movie is being shown and as I walk past them one says, "Very beautiful." ok, let's get this straight. my face is WHITE, i have DARK eyeshadow, and "blood" dripping from the corners of my red lips. i felt freaky, and most people were freaked out...beautiful came out of nowhere!
i come back to our AIM group looking a bit stunned and I sit down and say, "That was awkward...they said I was "very beautiful"." Another guy on the committee says, "Well, they are used to their women that way." and all of a sudden, i have a revelation!!! GEISHA!!!
i originally wanted to be a geisha for halloween, but i didn't have a kimono...;(...and i LOVE Memoirs of a Geisha *reading the book now*, so I couldn't believe i didn't think of that!!!
so, two oriental guys thought my vamp makeup was "very beautiful" because it was "geisha-like"
*grins*

mmm...now let's see...my left arm still hurts from stuffing airheads, laffy taffy, and starburst into dine of the dead cups on Monday...over 2000 man...that's a heck of a lot of cups!!! and candy...

yesterday's dance was fun. Native was wacko in his fireman uniform. *rolls eyes but laughs* he came by CC since I'm just across the street from the Union and our ARHD and RA freaked out!!! in a good way...and they made him go to some rooms and knock on doors asking "where's the fire?" which is funny since we have had the fire alarm go off multiple times here.
he was pretty, flirtatious...at the dance. he cracks me up. definitely NOT afraid of what others think. i on the other hand felt very silly in a borrowed ninja turtle costume. i think it was cute and original though. ;) unlike the majority of the females there, i was not bearing every inch of skin possible...in fact, quite the opposite. i had pants on, a green turtle neck under my shell, and the shell was not suggestive of anything, so i was quite the modest halloween goer. lol.

twas fun. though i hated having to come back and study. ;( luckily, i made a perfect score on my bio quiz today. ;)

tomorrow, another vamp night. but no white makeup this time. if i do, it'll be a lot less, but i think not. we shall see.

*yawn* well, i want to work on some art stuff. i'll take pics of my favorite pieces to show you guys, i'm quite proud of some of my work. ;) and as soon as i can get pics of my various costumes, i'll post them here too.

*hugs*

Sleepily yours,
Chelle

PS you know what's hard? having someone, but not having them. if you catch my drift. i felt kind of...strange...at the dance. sort of, awkward, watching couples. it was funny when a guy i met there thought Native was "my man"...haha...but i did wish i had someone to stand and talk with all night...to "claim"...as weird as that sounds. i did talk with some people most of the night, including said guy above, who was in an amazing Zorro costume. Zorro and Jen convinced me to go to the ballroom dance tomorrow...i'll probably dance there...real dancing, not bumping and grinding...HAHA...
yeah...so...i get down on myself a lot...it's hard not hearing from Beagle every day like i used to...can't wait to talk to him tomorrow. *sigh* can't wait till April when I can FINALLY hold him again...
man, there's a lot more i want to talk about...maybe tomorrow...this post has been plenty long enough.
OH!!! redemption will be updated, i promise! just been busy lately!!! ;)
*and don't get your hopes up, it won't be that great of a story...lol*

No comments: