Friday, September 14, 2007

Crazy College Girls, and A Few Thoughts

Let's start with Wednesday night. Ballroom dancing.
WOW
haha.
SOOOO much fun. But I was exhausted. whew. And my legs are KILLING me now. Like I need bigger thighs...they're going to get bigger now. I all ready ripped a pair of jeans this week. I was just sitting, and I realized there was a small hole!!! *WAH* One of my favorite pairs too. *tears* It always happens. If jeans fit my waist, they're too tight around my thighs and eventually fray/rip/etc. But, when they do fit my thighs, they're a bit loose on my waist...so...i guess I just need to buy some belts. lol
Anyway, it was a lot of fun. We had some crazy dances to learn. I danced with Native almost the whole time, and then they told us to switch partners. Ok, no biggie. Well, earlier, this guy had obviously started hitting on me. He honestly did look familiar, and well, it wasn't awkward, until we were discussing where we could have met, and he came up with that brilliant line, "in your dreams?" *rolls eyes* He didn't actually say it directly. Native came up and asked if he was hitting on me, and I laughed, and then the guy said he was about to ask if I had seen him in my dreams.
Ok, so then, I had to get a new partner. The guy seemed nice enough, I danced with him. *shudder* He does not understand "the bubble". He got WAY too close for swing dancing, was staring at parts of my body he did not need to...and just touched me and rubbed my hands while we danced. yeah, not cool when i JUST met him. I told Native to never let me dance with him again. lol
yeah...i'm sure he's nice, but a really nice guy would not be quite so forward. really bothered me.

I need a sign that says, "Taken", or something. *rolls eyes*

So yesterday...bio exam...38 out of 40!!! YAY!!! *happy dance*
played pool with Native, totally sucked...took a 2 and 1/2 hour nap!!! just what the doctor ordered!!! went to the french fry feed, was totally hyper...and definitely scared some people at dinner, it was pretty funny. and IV was last night...I got emotional.

the talk was about things we want that God denies us, or when we feel angry with God, etc. we watched a clip of this pastor, Rob Bell, it was really cool. he talked about his little boy wanting a certain toy, but he wouldn't get it for him because he knew it wouldn't be fun after a while, and instead got him a great kickball. he related that to how we sometimes want something but God doesn't give it to us, because he has something better waiting.

so, mostly we mentioned that we wanted direction in life, and of course I brought up the Africa situation. i got upset, because I started thinking again about how Beagle isn't very supportive, ok, not supportive AT ALL, about me going there. i guess i get scared sometimes, but i know I can have him and do God's will for me in Africa. it's just hard not being able to talk to Beagle about it right now and plan this out, because he won't hear anything about it, not until we're face to face and it's easier to communicate. which is understandable. but hard.

but, i got better. our ARHD drove a friend and i to the Green Mill afterwards, and we jammed out to VeggieTales in the car. soooo fun. lol
i know i freaked a few people out, they never expected me to be so...crazy. it helped that i had a nap, and caffiene at dinner. *gleam*

OH, at IV I "won" $20 off payment for a fall retreat, so, i guess i'm going! lol. it's over homecoming, but no biggie. i think my ARHD and I are going to bunk together. we can have veggietales sing-alongs all night. HEHEHEHE

all right, Anthropology time!!! and later tonight, IV girls are having a girl's night! make-up (i assume), giggles, food, and Lord only knows what else! lol

Crazy college girl,
Chelle


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry - very uninformed here - who are IV girls?
Rob Bell = NOOMA series: good thought provoking (as opposed to pro-viking) stuff, saw the kickball one myself on Wednesday morning

Anonymous said...

hi serena....goodness you sound like you are really having fun!! i miss you!!! i want to come visit you soon...blah. but dunno what to do. i want to call you soon!!! i love you!! i will call when i have time...i promise!!! i'm sorry i havent called. i love you!! I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmm - been a few days - you must be busy - going traveling myself, so need an update or e-mail when you get a chance

Anonymous said...

Great work.