Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Weighed Down, or Lifted Up?

Today, I picked up my essay quiz from West. Civ. that we did Thursday and looked over the comments. He marked grammatical stuff, and at the bottom he wrote, "not bad, well written" and my score said, 8. Last time I had a 6, so I was like, hmmm, must be out of 10. That's pretty good! I'm getting better! I hadn't been sure of that essay either, so it's good to know I did what I was basically supposed to, though apparently I have a little more to improve on. Then, I look at the top of the quiz where it is printed, "8 points". LIGHTBULB!!! EXCITEMENT!!! I look at my other quiz. "8 points". 6 out of 8, that quiz doesn't even count, and 8 out of 8. *happy dance in chair* And I was worried I didn't know quite how to write these essays!


lol. just had to share that. now i have to keep it up though. not too hard since he basically tells us what the questions will be.



i had to go to Career Services for my psych class, i'll have to write a report on my visit. ugh. it was all right, but i didn't learn too much that i couldn't have from someone else. at least it was short. lol
i guess there's some internships i can look into...i kind of hate that though...looking for something. doing it and being involved and even applying, great, but trying to dig something up. lol
she mentioned a few volunteer and jobs that would look good on a resume for me and such, but i don't have a car, so it's hard.
there's a co-op thing, i can look into that in the spring for the summer. i can do it anywhere too.
first though, i want to find some research i can get involved in here. so i emailed a psych professor, hopefully we'll become best buds and he can help me. lol.

i really do want to try to minor in German and get an education degree or whatever, so i'm going to look through my course book at those requirements and such...

man...this process of getting to everything bugs me. i want to do something! not talk about doing it, or that i could do it later. give me what i can do now, and i'll do it! lol
Little Miss Impatient. ;)

so Chelle is tired. i'm happy, but it feels like i have a lot to do. i really don't, but...i make it hard on myself. ;)

The explorer,

Chelle

PS I will probably post the first part of my redemption-ness this week. ;)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You freshman are so cute!!! I'm a junior credit wise and am suppose to graduate next spring (09). However, I changed my major last week. And will be here until the Winter of 2010. Finishing college in 4 years is like leaving a party at 10pm, you just cant do it! I'd say go for the German minor and education thing :).

If you ever need any advice or help on anything, I'm your go to girl :)

Take care!!!