Monday, August 27, 2007

Adventures in the North

Weekend Update:


Yes, I did get "lost" on my way to Grandma's using the bus. I wasn't completely sure how the bus thing worked, you know, if they had scheduled stops or something. And I'm too embarrassed to speak up of course. lol

But, it is OK. I got it now. In fact, I decided to signal a little early that I wanted to get off, and the guy looked at me like I was crazy because they don't stop there. I was like, not yet, further up! I'm just telling you! *groans* The happy medium. Don't do it early. Don't do it late. So that bus....maybe it has scheduled stops. It's all too confusing for me. At least I know now.


Grandma and I hung out Saturday. I woke up at 9:30 and she said if I wanted we could catch a bus in 30 minutes and go to the farmer's market. *laughs* I wasn't really rushed, but I couldn't dawdle like I love to do in the morning.

While we were there, all I could do was coo at the babies and dogs running around. Who cares that the college football team was there. lol

We bought some homemade German Kuchen (cakes). It was fun.

After that I just studied. WOOHOO

Oh, I did take a nap. And we washed clothes. I'll probably do another load here on my own because to take all my laundry up there is too much.


Sunday was church, and they had a birthday party for two ladies who are 91. Man, I hope I don't live that long. 18 years has all ready been a lot on me. haha.

I want to be old, if you know me you know I can't wait to be an eccentric old grandmother, but not 91. Or 109. Yuck. Someone was mentioned in the paper and she was 109 years old! Can you imagine? I don't want to think about it. I'm all ready upset with the track the world is taking, how much worse might I feel a hundred years from now?


Anyway, after that, and after I had made friends with a hyper active child, we went back home and just relaxed.

We played some games, we got really goofy, and bonded. It was wonderful. We both told each other some things we haven't told many others because they'd say we were crazy or just not appreciate it for what it is. I really had fun.

Then Matilda came on and we watched that. And THEN...in case you haven't heard...


There was a tornado warning issued for our area. There was one just south of us and it destroyed a lot of that community, and killed a 50 yr. old man.

Pretty sad.


The lightning was amazing to watch. Like sideways across the sky...and the clouds were freaky. lol. Needless to say, I enjoyed myself. We camped out on the basement stairs with some flashlights and a radio until the warning expired, and then I went happily to bed. *i was tired and had to wake up earlier than usual today*


And now here I am, dorm sweet dorm. And when I leave for class in a few minutes, I won't be back until after supper. *sigh*


I am excited about my psych class though. We'll learn about the opportunities we have here to intern and stuff and what exactly we can do with our majors, etc. It'll be fun. Hopefully I can take a "real" psych class next semester though.


Art today was....eh. I enjoy it, but I hate looking at everyone else's work. lol

I'm not amazing...none of us really are...but some are obviously better.

I can't wait to do my foot drawing though. I'm debating whether or not to draw my toes doing their cool little stretch. hahaha

Ooo...I should do a hand, fingers apart, and a foot, toes apart. lol

I originally thought I might do both hands and feet. We'll see. I might do that tomorrow. If it rains. It's kind of groggy out. If it at least doesn't rain I might hit the Wellness Center FINALLY tomorrow. lol


Momma, the care/welcome package came. No worries. I just have to go pick it up now.


Ok...not much else right now. *hugs to all*


We'll see what adventures I have today because I can't seem to get by one day without 'em.


Missing you all, Chelle

*I might do something like this for my hand/foot pic. We shall see*

No comments: