Friday, August 17, 2007

Here at Last

post from a few days ago, newer post tomorrow

Thursday 16 August 2007

What a day! I’m exhausted. But thank the Lord I have pretty much everything to survive my first few months of college.
I also got the issue with my AP scores sorted out. *rolls eyes*Apparently, the last two exams I took got into another file without a date of birth or address. Both of which I know I filled out. But now they are on their way to the university, along with my other two. And a transcript showing my dual credit course. Apparently my high school transcript wasn’t enough for that.
So now I don’t have the basic English course, which is good because I may have died. Instead I have a Western Civilization course. Now my schedule goes something like this:
Monday Morning: Intro to Drawing and Color Materials
Afternoon: Intro to Anthropology
Psych 120
Evening: Biology 111 Lab

Tuesday Morning: Western Civilization
Biology 111

Wednesday: Same as Monday all day excluding Psych

Thursday: Same as Tuesday

Friday: Same as Wednesday

So, I have good opportunities to work. Especially on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
I guess I’m getting pretty excited. It’s a little weird to think that tomorrow evening I’ll be in my dorm for the first time. And probably roommate-less. Which isn’t too bad. I honestly could deal with no roommate. Since the hall I’m in is a converted sorority house, there’s only 34 girls in there, so I have a good chance of getting to know the other girls. Which will be nice. And if I do have my own room, more privacy. ;)I’m not even sure how well equipped my room is for 2 people. We shall see tomorrow morning. Our suspicions are that the room is kind of an attic room. Which I find really exciting.
I was touched when my grandparents back home called before I left. But now it’s my other grandmother’s turn. I’m her special girl she said. I won her heart. Haha. I am the one grandchild who answered her prayer that someone would do the extreme and come up here for college. I’m so glad I’ll be here to keep her company and get closer to her before I really move on with my life.
Wherever God leads me, I will follow. I see a lot of directions I could go, so now I’m exploring, and waiting for Him to tell me, “this is it, go here, work for Me.” And I will. Just, hopefully my boyfriend will be led to where I am also. But, that’s a story for another day.

No comments: