Thursday, August 23, 2007

Anger with the World

I just completed an anthropology assignment, we had to watch a video of an anthropologist giving a speech about cultural diversity, and then Rammstein's "Amerika" video.

I feel awful. In an emotional, spiritual, worldly sense. I HATE the world now. It makes me sad to think that all these beautiful cultures are disappearing. And what's so great about a new car compared to a beautiful sunset or a newborn baby. And yet, I wouldn't let anyone seperate me from my laptop!!!

Couldn't we just let those people be. Find trees somewhere else, find another way of making products without destroying someone's home?

*sigh* This class is going to make me uncomfortable, but that's good. Because when you are pushed beyond your comfort zone, you can expand it.

But that Rammstein video...made me even more ashamed to be an American in today's society.

*sigh* On that note, I'm going to bed.

Disappointed, Chelle

No comments: