Tuesday, August 21, 2007

First Day in the First Grade *clap clap clap*

Ok, so it's NOT my first day in the first grade, but it popped into my head. It's a really annoying song Mel used to sing all the time from the Veggie Tales Jonah movie. I can't believe I'm thinking of that now. *sigh*

How was my first day of real college classes? Let's start off with breakfast.

I go down there, figuring I'd eat alone, and then I see a guy I recognize from a group I hung out with after the hypnotist. While I debated whether or not to say hi, *i didn't know if he remembered me, or cared*, he spotted me and came and sat with me. Wonderful feeling. lol
Anyway, we talked, turns out his friends and him had been talking about me, probably how pathetic I was wandering after them...haha...but I think if we hang out more it'll get better.
Turns out, we have bio together. We didn't sit together though. It's in a huge lecture hall. But I'll get to that in a moment.

So, after we sat in the Union just talking for about an hour, I went to Western Civilization. The professor is this really energetic older man, who you can tell loves his subject. Which I find wonderful. Helps me to love it too. He got into explaining the textbook and what we'd be looking at, and I'm pretty excited. It'll be hard work. First quiz Thursday. But he's very engaging and passionate, so it'll be interesting.

Then I had a few minutes to head to biology. It was packed! I spotted the guy I had talked to earlier in the back, no empty seats up there, and I wanted to be close to the front anyway. There were a few seats on the second row, and I sat between two really nice guys. One from the south too, and one local.
The professor is again, energetic, lively, but this one is young. I am really excited about both these classes. They are both expecting a lot of me, but I need that, or else I'll spend all hours of the day online and eating grandma's cookies because I don't have to try.

I think I feel a nap coming on. After that I need to study a bit, and head down to the Barnes and Noble to pick up my psych book and some "bluebooks" to use for my West. Civ. exams.

Good thing I took AP English. There's a lot of essay writing I'll be doing.

Sleepy, but content, Chelle

PS I was wondering, why are some guys more friendly than girls? Not all, just some. In general, I've met and feel comfortable around more guys than the girls so far. I don't want to hear what my dad has to say about it. *rolls eyes* Maybe it's a gender thing. Girls are wary of other girls. hmmm...lol. Just putting that out there. It was something I was pondering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay! i love the Jonah song! I think the girls feel like they have to compete with you. that's why the guys are more nicer.